Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I am POSTMODERN GIRL



While perusing the latest Blueprint magazine I came across one of my favorites--the section that recommends music based on certain types of listeners. This month is revving up for holiday gift-giving and thus had numerous categories. One such was for Sister/Best Friend and was broken down into two 'titles'. Under "Postmodern Girl" included some of my MOST worn out albums: Blonde Redhead "23", Beirut "Gulag Orkestar", Sonic Youth "Daydream Nation", and Tegan and Sara "The Con". Every single one!! At first I was apprehensive about accepting myself as a part of a category, but you know, I don't mind. It is probably the most accurate I have come across. However, I am thinking real post-modernism, horizontal culture, Saussere kinds of influences...but I get it, and so far that is the closest to seeing a glimpse of 'me' in pop-culture or media. Random.

1 comment:

  1. I am planning to start sketching or engaging myself into crafts when I saw this blog of yours with a rat image. It looks like a simple one yet I was not able to sketch it. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

....THANK YOU FOR READING!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails