Sunday, August 19, 2007

i like music



for more than a year now I have been maintaining my love for music. I have made it a point to see as many shows as I can eke out, and making music a priority...if only i could play an instrument! alas, that does not take away from my appreciation!

i just downloaded Pete Bjorn and John's "Writer's Block" and already feel that exhilirating sensation of a new band i love! It is a blissful feeling when i find music too add to my personal soundtrack. a band i will see and share my quest to hear music. They are like the Cure meets the Postal Service meets Belle and Sebastian. That may not make sense to anyone but me, but that is how I interpret their sound. It is like when I thought Daryl Palumbo of Glassjaw sounded akin to Mike Patton and people thought I was tone deaf. But, a year later I started reading that comparison when he was in Head Automatica. C'est la vie! Or, when in the early 90's i thought ravers were the new hippies, not the nouveau hippies--not to be confused with hipsters, who have nothing to do with this comparison.

If you like Blonde Redhead: try Deerhoof or The Fiery Furnaces

September rocks because I am going to see Beirut and then Blonde Redhead!! Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:42 PM

    i too like Pete Bjorn and John. i also like the cure, postal service and belle and sebastian. dare i say, i understand?


    i love you!

    ReplyDelete

....THANK YOU FOR READING!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails