Thursday, August 13, 2009

TASTY KARMA: CHOCOLATE CHICKPEA CAKE!

After trying a delicious chickpea cake I decided I had to try to make my own since I always have chickpeas on hand. Most recipes call for orange juice, which is what I had tasted-- it gave the cake a nicectartness, but since I didn't have any OJ on hand I found a recipe for chocolate chickpea cake and seriously it is so good it deserved its own post!


I found the recipe here and added a little bit of dark chocolate cocoa powder to the batter. My kitchen is somewhat short on supplies, so I used my magic bullet blender as a food processor and a large oven capable frying pan as a cake pan. I figure if I can make a frittata with it I can make a cake.
The picture isn't so pretty, but I assure you it is unbelievable tasty and looked nicer turned over. I was going to make a lemony glaze, but after tasting the cake I realized it didn't need much else. There is a richness like a mousse, yet a brownie like quality. You would never know this was made without flour-- so go to this all of you gluten free eaters!! Yum yum yum!! 
Conquering my fear of the oven!

Oh, and one question: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW BANNER? 
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Love the new banner!

    I am going to have to try that cake. We are on a diet over here and I am always looking for low fat dessert choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad the recipe worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luuuuuuv the new banner. Very "you" and your art! Every time I look at that cake in the pan, I get hungry. If it cools off around here soon, I will be test driving this recipe, for sure!
    Thanks for sharing it. It sounds and looks delicious. I'm happy you are cooking again. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:21 AM

    That looks like a brownie I think your lieing about the Peas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. deshilholles6:42 PM

    You solicited design comments. I recall in one of your blog entries several months ago you cited blue as a favorite color. I connected that with, inter alia, the blue camera sketch near the center of the old banner.

    There's blue in the new design too, but less blue, and green seems stepped up. There's still plenty of blue in secondary headings and link lists and stuff, and blue even ended up in the kitchen picture of stuff behind you in the first new-banner post.

    Was the shift to make blue less prominent deliberate or instinctual? Or is my premiss even right in that prior sentence???

    Which reminds me of another of dh's unacknowledged truths of life:

    Life is the sum total of the details!

    ReplyDelete

....THANK YOU FOR READING!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails