Wednesday, December 30, 2009

INSPIRING BLOGS OF 2009 [and beyond]: LOVE THOSE HOOKERS


Thank you Royal Sister for this tutorial!
AND by hookers I mean, CROCHET HOOKS!! {yes, cheese is one of my middle names}
One year ago I dislocated my shoulder (which was THE worst experience of my life so far) and taught myself to crochet because I go insane if too many days pass and I am not making or doing something, my main {left} arm was immobilized for some time and crocheting predominantly requires one's right arm--voila a new obsession....and since then I am ever so thankful that I filled a negative part of my life with a skill that keeps on giving!! That's right, I said SKILLZ!!


KARMA BUTTON'S 2009 TOP FIVE CROCHET BLOGS:

Attic24 you have made me obsessed with granny hexagons, taught me how to join as I work, and offered me so much inspiration to hook away!! {lol}



OMG Royal Sisters you make me use abbreviations! Thank you for the awesome pictorial instructions and the star tutorial-- I sold about 15 for our 1st Holiday Fair {ALL proceeds went to our club-- I didn't even pay myself for supplies} Those stars kept my mind busy during some hard times this past month!



This is one of the sites that made me want to get good at crocheting!! I love her patterns and have made SO SO many variations! {some showable, some beginner's crud}



Great place for beginners and for so many user-friendly practical projects!



A very recent find with so much more creative inspiration than crochet! I love her style and personalization of an age-old craft!


There are really so many great crocheting resources on the internet. I attribute the computer to my own development--whether it was the latter blogs, the plethora of group sites, youtube for tutorials, or just random searches for a specific project. Hope anyone reading this gets a glimpse at why I love this newish {and overabundant} hobby! 


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Your 2010.
    http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/
    Portugal

    ReplyDelete

....THANK YOU FOR READING!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails