Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OCD: Obsessive Crafting Disorder

I spent all of Saturday sick in bed--rather, unconscious. On Sunday, I baked, crafted and pined for a cigarette. I didn't give in...well, not until Monday...but it was only one, and you know, considering I'm in a high stress situation and it is still September, I am not beating myself up. SO, Sunday became work on one project obsessively. Craft therapy. This will probably be added to my future, "Creative things to do with a Cereal Box" list...





So hard to get a really telling photo...but my camera is dying and I have no batteries...So this is my first "art diorama" entitled" "The Gravity Here", which I have to give partial credit to my friend Adam. So, even though it is hard to really see the layers, here is my weekend obsession. My present state of mind. 
I used only scraps and items I had around. By the end, I still wanted a cigarette.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is haunting, very nice. We love our cereal boxes around here, too! What a brilliant idea. Today, I found a tutorial for making a little dollhouse out of a gourd! Hope you are enjoying the day off. I think I'm getting sick because I have felt absolutely zapped today. Hope you are still cig free. Remember, you can do it. You can. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:58 PM

    I love what you did with the cereal box and agree - crafting is great therapy.

    ReplyDelete

....THANK YOU FOR READING!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails