Monday, November 24, 2008

KARMIC GOODIES: Holiday Fair Finds

There is a richness in a life where you stand on your own feet…you set your own ground rules, and if you follow them, there are great rewards.
–Margaret Bourke-White
This beautiful quote is highlighted in a treasured find from a Holiday Fair this weekend. Wonderful Cyndy invited me along and even though we were more smitten with the school, we each picked up some sweet finds—including the two blondies I ate while there!
We both scored this beautiful book for $5 and though we knew it was a special treat, it wasn’t until I had a chance to thoroughly flip through that I saw the true magic inside! This hefty text is full of vintage artwork, recipes from days of yore, loads of self-esteem enhancing anecdotes and facts on womanhood, crafts, classic story excerpts, and a little bit of everything a little girl should know, and should be surrounded by!! I guess this book exemplifies what I imagine girlhood should have looked like!! If I have a daughter one day I hope to share this with her and I pray the beauty will fill her imagination.
The same publisher made another book A Child’s Book of Grace,  (two of which I bought for Ange’s sisters Beth and Annie), in the same style. Gorgeous. Sadly, I haven’t been able to find these books on the internet just yet! Found them! (Though I have a different color than the last link!)
And my other treat….THESE CUTIE PIES!!!
They are vintage inspired and only $1 each, so I didn’t really see purchasing them as a splurge! I didn’t want to separate them! 
I must say that I am partial to this one:
Though really, they are all divine!
To holiday wishes and fairs, childhood nostalgia, and abundance of baked goods (that I should have done tonight-- but napping in my pj's with my cat seemed so much nicer!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, as i sat pouring over that book last night...I knew you were too, and that we would share the same sentiments and thoughts about it. I thought about blogging and sharing, but I knew you would do it RIGHT and really capture its beauty and YOU DID!!! It is so lovely. I think it's one of the best things I've purchased in a long, long, time. A true treasure. Thank you for eyeing it, and thinking to say, "Cyndy, look!"
    Love you, Jenn. xoxo
    PS: The PB&J bars are baking as I type. I hope they're good and not "gross," you know what I mean?
    Hee,hee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...And a big "aaaa-meeeeen!" (as Cub says,) to that quote. I just re-read it. And your photos of those dolls are perfect. I'm glad they are living with you at your house. They are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

....THANK YOU FOR READING!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails