Sunday, January 11, 2009

THE SPACE BETWEEN...

DATE of INITIAL CRIME: JANUARY 3, 2009
SUSPECTS: THE USUAL
VICTIMS: BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS/ OUR ENTIRE APARTMENT/ MY MIND
DESCRIPTION OF CRIME:  The reason I haven't really blogged is not quite a mystery to me this time. I know the real culprit-- life has pushed me inside my head from being overwhelmed with forces way beyond my control. The first crime can be seen from the following evidence:

Inside of the studio a la Dexter!

I wanted to be part of kootoyoo's MEME, but as you can see, very little creativity is happening in this space.

Instead, despite having everything covered in plastic, our apartment has been covered in dust...all so our beautiful old windows can be replaced with new (and character-less) windows....it's been sad around here...though there has been plenty of inspiration and probably way more to share than I have had the time to...(I completed my first week back at work after the shoulder dislocation...phew...)...and I have managed to at least do a bunch of doodles, color in a wood skull, and master five embroidery stitches...life is so chaotic right now and I am praying for some serenity! The major issue I have with being a renter is feeling like I have no control...no say in what gets changed...granted the windows were old and many of them damaged, and certainly not energy efficient, I am mourning their character and history. There is also the anxiety of getting back to normal life (whatever that may mean) when everything is completely engulfed by dust...my (and many of my blog friends') worst enemy...
At least there are moments like this:


sunset from out old window...

Like so many things, this was way better in person...

----to finding moments of beauty in the midst of total chaos....

No comments:

Post a Comment

....THANK YOU FOR READING!....

Related Posts with Thumbnails